1. Because of Covid-19 pandemic restrictions, the Gustav Mahler Academy 2020 could not be held. Therefore, the selection phase made between May and June 2020 is still valid for the 2021 edition, which doesn’t provide for further registrations.
Further communications will be available in January 2022.
2. For organizational reasons, participants might be divided in different groups, with different date of arrival and stay in Bolzano.
3. Participants must not have a permanent work as orchestra member or music professor.
4. The selected musicians will have to pay a participation fee of EUR 75.00 within 10 days from the date of receipt of the invitation. In the opposite case, the office of Busoni-Mahler Foundation will revoke the invitation asking the following candidate from the waiting list, according to the ranking prepared by the Artistic curator during the selection phase. The fee will be paid to the bank account of the Ferruccio Busoni – Gustav Mahler Foundation, IBAN IT 90 A 06045 11600 000 000 450 000 BIC / SWIFT CODE: CRBZIT2B090 specifying the name of the participant in the courses.
5. Musicians who decided to use the participation fee paid in 2020 for the 2021 edition, will not be asked for any extra-fee.
6. GMJO effective members, who gain admittance to Mahler Academy, cannot cancel their participation in GMJO Summer Tour 2021, otherwise their invitation to the masterclass will be revoked.
7. For the duration of the Academy, participants will be accommodated at the expense of the Busoni-Mahler Foundation in single or double rooms in a hotel located in the city center, in accordance with Covid-19 safety rules. The Foundation will pay for their meals at a student cafeteria, or they will receive meal-vouchers to be used in local restaurants that have an arrangement with the Foundation.
8. All participants are entitled to a scholarship of EUR 400.00 which will be paid to them by bank transfer at the end of the Academy.
9. A fluent knowledge of German or English is a prerequisite for participating the Mahler Academy.
10. It is mandatory to attend classes and lessons during the Academy. The schedule will be available 15 days prior to the start of the master classes.
11. Once the invitations are confirmed, all music will be sent exclusively by email.
12. Double-bass players should preferably bring their own instruments. Should they require the Busoni-Mahler Foundation to provide an instrument, please send a specific request after the admission has been confirmed.
13. Participants must behave properly toward peers, teachers, staff and the hotel personnel during their entire stay. If not, the Busoni-Mahler Foundation office will immediately exclude them from the courses and require them to pay for all costs of room and board themselves.
14. The use of telephone, fax and copy-machine in the Academy office will only exceptionally be allowed.
15. Items borrowed from the office must be returned undamaged. Participants are personally responsible for all borrowed items and for any damage to instruments that may occur.
16. Access to the course rooms is only permitted during the scheduled hours. The schedule will be prepared by the Busoni-Mahler Foundation office. Daily updates will be sent by e-mail to each participant and will be posted at the information board in the hotel or at the office.
17. The Busoni-Mahler Foundation will insure non-EU citizens in case of accident or illness. EU citizens must be in possession of the European health insurance card, which entitles them to medical services in the Bolzano hospital.
18. Costs of private doctor appointments or examinations by a specialist will not covered by the Busoni-Mahler Foundation. The Foundation will not be responsible for the costs of transportation of sick persons, if these costs are not covered by health insurance.